Report to : CEO
Location : Megan Avenue 1, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Assist with Banking activities like setting up new accounts, adding new signatures, bank reconciling items, banking fees, positive pay exceptions, etc. Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close. Assist in the preparation and distribution of financial statements. Ensure that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards. Provide assistance to Finance Manager with external audit. Assist with special projects assigned by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to book, reconcile and report in-force premium, direct written premium and loss fund balance, retro accrual, cash, cash applied to A/R, bad debt allowance and non-admitted A/R on a monthly basis.
- Back-up month-end duties
Reporting & Analysis:
- Assists in preparation of monthly management report, presentation and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules.
Audits & Tax Examinations:
- Assist with annual external audit. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit.
- Assist with testing and receive final approval for system reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
- Coordinate and resolve various issues with bank such as cleared check differences, bank fee anomalies, targeted balance calculations and enhancements to online services.
- Monitor positive pay exceptions.
- Bank liaison.
- Monitor banking facilities
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Maintain project log
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
Why Daya Maxflo?
Our collaborative culture values dynamic perspectives. A career with Daya Maxflo puts you at the forefront of innovation, working towards building a better Oil & Gas future. The international clients, our projects and our business will widen your experience. Working alongside professionals from a diversity of disciplines and backgrounds will help propel your career.
Daya Maxflo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. All matters relating to employment with the Company are based on, and operate according to, the principle of merit.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Daya Maxflo
please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org