We will be exhibiting from 3 – 4 Dec 2018 at Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre. Detailed Program and Schedule can be found from this SPE website.
A recent report on Asia Pacific’s decommissioning market indicated more than 380 fields are expected to cease production in the next decade. The cost for decommissioning and abandonment (D&A) of these 2,600 platforms and 35,000 wells will pile up to over US$100 billion 1. The figures are mind-boggling.
Effective D&A strategies have certainly become a priority for many oil and gas companies in the region. A well-planned journey through late-life operations of mature fields presents opportunities to capture further value from assets.
Recognising the need to expedite development of D&A capabilities in this comparatively young market, the inaugural SPE Symposium: Decommissioning and Abandonment scheduled from 3-4 December 2018 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is set to encourage knowledge exchange, stimulate dialogues and foster partnerships among local and regional industry players, stakeholders and subject matter experts from more developed markets.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Asia Pacific D&A market, challenges and opportunities
- D&A technology and innovation driven solution
- Project, financial and risk management
- Late life field and asset management
- Achieve hydrocarbon free – well plugging and abandonment
- Platform, pipeline and power cable decommissioning practices
- Data management and integration
- HSSE and social responsibility
- Facilities and site clearance management
- Post D&A alternative liability management solutions
- Regulatory/policy updates
- D&A Case studies
- Competitive D&A infrastructure
See you in Kuala Lumpur!